Sunday, October 7, 2012

2012 - Day 281/85 - Sunday...

I had absolutely no motivation whatsoever to get out of the bed this morning.  As a result, I stayed in bed until about 7:30, and it was great.  I contemplated what it would be like to just stay in the bed the entire day, and how long would I have to stay there motionless until bed-sores would develop.  Really, I was not motivated.

When I finally did get out of the bed, I went and loosed the girls, brought in the paper, and as soon as I sat down to read the paper, I spilled my orange juice all over the first three or four sections of the paper.  It dried pretty quickly, so it was not a terrible ordeal.  Shortly afterwards, I dressed and went out and started cutting the grass at the front of the house.  I got all that done, but did not cut the grass in the bee yard.

Miguel arrived, and he got all the bushes and tree limbs trimmed off the house, then went out and fed the cattle.  Jody made us all pancakes, so we ate and headed back out.  I was cutting around the pecan trees, peach trees, apple and plums, and the idea was for Miguel to cut the big expanses of grass with the tractor.  While that was going on, I went and got the pool cover and the styrofoam floats out of the front barn to get that all done for the season.  Of course, when I went out to the pool, a piece of the polaris had broken, so I had to go get that part replaced before I could cover the pool.  But, it all went pretty well.

And why should anyone wait until the last minute to put air in the tires.  ALL of the tires.  I have a slow leak in one of my car tires, and I end up putting air in that tire a couple times a week.  The cooler then warmer temperatures definitely have an effect on the air pressure in the tires.  BUT, I got air in all eight tires on various vehicles, but I did not put any air in Jody's tires, so I hope he does not get a flat anytime soon.

The afternoon was pretty much spent getting the final touches on my 2011 Income Tax which I really should have had to my CPA a couple months ago.  They sent me a gentle reminder last week, and I just need about six more numbers and I will be ready to get it all e-mailed in to them.  It is pretty depressing to realize (almost a year after the fact) that I did not make any money in 2011.  I kind of thought that, but the confirmation is still kind of disheartening.  I believe I am having a better year this year, I'll let you know in a year or son.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHORES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment