Saturday, October 20, 2012

Well, this is an experiment.  I am travelling home from the NARPM Convention in DC, and I am doing this blog on the flight home.  The hot spot is working well, but Southwest has this pesky little banner ad at the top of this page, and even though it says I can delete the ad and show the web-site without it, it does not seem to want to allow me to do that, so I cannot put the day count at the top of the post.  Maybe I can figure out a work-around, maybe I can't.  BUT, this will be the first post ever from 30,000 feet.  That is a brand new kind of mile-high club.

Today was a restful day over all, although I did a lot of walking around.  I stayed in bed until about 7 o'clock DC time, and got up and started packing.  Carrie and Beverly (Beberly) went across the street to the Clark Street Grill for breakfast, and I went and joined them.  Got back to the Hotel about 10, and we took a cab to DuPont Circle, where we played tourist for the next several hours.  I took lots of (okay, maybe a dozen) photos, trying to document the essence of the City on a beautiful fall day, but I am settling for this typical shot of the White House.  There were thousands of people on the (closed) street in front of the White House, and there was the typical melting pot mix of languages, dress and energy.  There is no wonder why the United States is still the envy of the world and why people not only want to be a part of this, but also are jealous and want to undermine it.  God Bless America!

We made it back to the Hotel right at 3 o'clock and got our baggage and got on the shuttle to the airport.  I think we were at the airport and through security before 3:30.  The Hotel was REALLY close to the airport.

Tomorrow I will have LOTS of work to do at the house.  Since I did absolutely nothing last weekend, I HAVE to cut the grass up in the bee yard, feed cattle, etc.  I think Miguel will probably come by to lend a hand, and that will be good.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HOMEWARD BOUND, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment