Friday, October 5, 2012

2012 - Day 279/87 - Friday...

Do you hear that?  It sounds like Friday...

Among other things, I went on a field trip today.  A nice time was had by all.  I have been to the LBJ Library a couple times in the past, but I doubt that I have been there in the past twenty years.  It is an impressive place, and very interesting.  In addition to this limo (not fortified, not used WHILE he was President) there is a scale model of the Oval Office as well, and I think all that stuff is very interesting.  This particular limo was purchased by him after he returned to Austin, just for him to tool around the city in.  And even though I had always heard (or at least believed) the President and First Lady did not really have an apartment in the Library.  They did have a 'suite' which I interpret to believe was a 'parlor' type room where they could rest.  No over-nighters though.

It is going to be a nice weekend.  A cold front is supposed to come through tomorrow, and that should drop the HIGH temperatures on Sunday into the 60's.  I will believe it when I feel it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, LIMOS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment: