Saturday, October 6, 2012

2012 - Day 280/86 - Saturday...

I found a multitude of fungi out in the yard between the house and the road this afternoon, but I did not get around to taking a snap shot until I was putting the girls to bed this evening, so the shot is a little bit blurry.  This was the biggest example, and they are really kind of interesting.  Whole little eco-systems all unto themselves.  I bet they were even lovelier before the wind and chickens got to them.

The high temperature today (I think) probably occurred at mid-night, and what we traditionally would think of as a high temperature for the day never broke the high 50's.  I think it is expected to be even cooler tonight and tomorrow, then a warming trend throughout the coming week.  We may not see any more temperatures in excess of 90 degrees for the rest of this year, but I would not take money on it.

I wonder if my sub-conscious is trying to tell me something.  On two different occasions today, Jody and I left the house for significant periods of time and I failed to take my cell phone with me.  The first time I did not even realize it until we returned home, and the second time we were about four miles away from the house before I knew it (and I decided not to go back for it).  And nothing terrible happened.  I wonder if the universe is trying to tell me I should take a chill-pill?  Couldn't hurt probably.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FUNGUSES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment