Thursday, October 11, 2012

2012 - Day 285/81 - Thursday...

I seemed to be a pretty popular guy today.  People were clamoring to hug on me and kiss on me.  Who am I to deny the masses (wink-wink) the fulfillment of their needs?  As evidenced by this candid photo of Stephen and me, I kept a stiff upper lip and persevered through the ordeal, with an ever present smile on my face and an appropriate pucker on my lips.  Oh and by the way, do you have twenty-dollars I can have?

We benefited from .44" of rain today.  It rained a couple times in Austin, so I figured there would be no rain out here, but I was very pleasantly surprised.  Especially since there was little or no indication from the professional prognosticators of precipitation that we would receive any wetness.  Happy turn of events!

The coyotes have been particularly active for the past week or so.  A couple days ago, they were very close by and it is always kind of nice to hear them.  Tonight when I went out to put the girls to bed, they were howling again and they kept sounding closer and closer.  I actually thought they had come between me and and front of the house; kind of between me and the front barn.  After I secured the girls, I carried a crow bar with me back to the house.  I do not really think a pack of coyotes would bother me (I have no factual evidence to base that on), but I really think they would try to avoid a confrontation with me as much as I would avoid a close-encounter with them, but there is no reason NOT to have a nice sturdy (kind of a) weapon as long as there is one handy.

Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HUGS and KISSES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment