Wednesday, November 6, 2013

2013 - Day 310/55 - Wednesday...

This was the first full day in San Francisco.  This is only the second time I have visited this city, the last time was about 13 or 14 years ago when I was participating in the California AIDS Ride, fundraising for AIDS care organizations and riding my bicycle from San Francisco to Los Angeles.  I think that was a seven day ride, and I can remember that it rained for one full day, and I have a picture of myself with my rain jacket, wet, cold, tired and looking a lot like Raymond Burr on a bike.  I do not have particularly fond memories of that particular day, but the ride overall was very satisfying and a nice accomplishment.

This is a photo that I took across the street from the Hotel, in Union Square. The Square is a real hot spot of activity, and among other things they were installing a very large Christmas tree.  I have photos of it but the photo of this flowering bush was a lot more interesting.  I have really no idea what the plant is, but it was tremendous and just covered with blossoms that actually hang down.  Very pretty.  Something in the back of my mind says this might be related to the 'nightshade' species of plant, and if that is accurate, the blooms might be poisonous.  It could happen.

Still trying to acclimatize myself.  Going to bed.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FLARES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment