Friday, November 22, 2013

2013 - Day 326/39 - Friday...

Holy Lightning Batman, what's all that shakin' going on?

Most of the night last night was spent trying to soothe the Boy Dog.  Neither Jody or I remember any mention of lightning and thunder, so we did not put his ThunderShirt on him until after the noise started.  We tried sleeping with the lights on in the bedroom, so he really could not pay attention to the flashes of lightning, and with the tv on so he (maybe) would not hear the thunder.  Didn't work.  I took him to the closet, and that did not do any good.  Jody took him into the den and fell asleep in his chair.  Overall, it was just a long, sleep deprived night.  I am certain I slept more than it feels like I did, but it does not feel like I got much sleep at all.  This photo was actually taken yesterday before the rains started.  The weather prognosticators say we may not see the sun again until next Thursday.  I am already grumpy.

Adding to the grumpiness, I was in a meeting in Marble Falls today from 10 AM until almost 6 PM.  That makes for a long meeting.  Jody and I were supposed to go out for dinner tonight at a new restaurant we had net tried before, so that was called off.  We decided I would stop at Wendy's and bring home some chili.  It was a good plan until they said they were out of chili.  WHAT?  OUT OF CHILI?  I can comprehend someone being out of key lime pie (well, not really because no one around here knows how to make a key lime pie.  DO YOU HEAR ME SHANNON?), but how can Wendy's run out of chili.  SO, I had to devise an alternate plan and go to Schlotzsky's and get two half Originals and two bowls of chili and two mini-Cinnabon's for tomorrow morning.  AND WHEN I GOT HOME I discovered that they had cheated me out of one of the half sandwiches.  I will be escalating this call with management tomorrow.

For tonight, I am going to bed.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHILI, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment