Friday, November 29, 2013

2013 - Day 333/32 - Friday...

Okay, now it's Friday...

Even though it is Friday, today seemed a lot like Sunday, because I actually got a lot of stuff done around the house.  Got up, made a pile of eggs, drank a lot of coffee, took the trailer off the truck, did some work in the office, went into Taylor got gas in the truck, two gas cans and two diesel cans of diesel fuel, got some cattle feed, came home and spied what looked to be a new calf in the back pasture.

Yep, please meet Violet's newest calf, born yesterday (or really early today, but I am calling it yesterday).  Looks like a heifer calf, but again, I never really call them til I see them pee.  Names under consideration right now are; Turducken, Giblets, Pilgrim, Casserole and Dark Meat.  Let me know which one you prefer.

When I was putting gas/diesel in the truck and the cans, I also needed some air in the truck tires.  $120 worth of fuel and I had to pay $2 to put air in the truck tires.  I explained to the cashier that I had just put $120 of gas/diesel in the various receptacles and she told me they don't give free air anymore because people had been abusing it.  Really?  Stealing AIR?  AIR?

I also went to Wal-Mart where it was not crowded at all.  I bought some LED lights to replace the ones on the front fence, and some HVAC filters.  In case you were wondering and had been avoiding the Tractor Supply Company because of their 'cashier challenges', you do not need to put off your trip any longer.  All the cashier's from Tractor Supply have (apparently) left that company and gone to Wal-Mart (did they get a raise?).

I'm just sayin...

It was a busy day, and I did not even get into the part where I drove into Austin to run some errands and do a little bit of office work and got stuck on IH-35 for a LONG TIME because of a rather inconsequential two-vehicle altercation that resulted in NINE Police/Fire vehicles responding and backing up traffic for seven miles.  No, I am not going to get into that story with you today.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HEIFER CALF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment