Friday, November 15, 2013

2013 - Day 319/46 - Friday...

This particular art installation is kind of a work in progress, and it has been progressing for about the last 90 days or so.  First there was the covered wagon.  Then they added the plastic longhorns.  I am not sure what that says about historical (or hysterical) accuracy, but I am just calling it as I see it.  Today they added the windmill and the water tank.  And this is all on a berm at the Crestview RV Center near Walburg.  Interesting.

As I reported yesterday, the city is infested with F1 people.  And tomorrow there will be the UT Football people.  There is not much room left for the people/people.  250,000 visitors to the city this weekend.  I hope they remembered their credit cards!

We went to help a friend celebrate his birthday tonight at Iron Cactus in Northwest Austin.  We deviated from our usual modus operandi slightly.  We are usually the first ones to arrive and the first ones to leave; today we were only the first ones to leave!  Happy Birthday Steve!

I get to sleep in a little bit tomorrow, and I am pretty happy about that.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DIORAMAS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment