Sunday, November 24, 2013

2013 - Day 328/37 - Sunday...

Oh yeah, I am the trash-man (no liquids please)!  By the end of my volunteer shift, my standards were reduced and I was accepting liquids and trash of all sorts.  The Austin Empty Bowl Project today was another great success...maybe just the best ever!  Although it was rainy and cold, the quick thinking on the part of Hester and Kris (and most likely the venue management) meant that folks did not really have to endure the bad weather, but were, for the most part, sheltered and kept warm.  It was a really tremendous event, and next year (the 18th) will be even better.  Onward and Upward!  It was especially nice to re-connect with someone I like VERY MUCH, Kelly.  I need to see if I can find her on FaceBook.  AND, it was great to see my colleagues volunteering their time; Kerry, Ruby and Chris.  Thanks guys!

I got home and crawled onto the big blue chair and snoozed for a bit before getting up and going into Georgetown for dinner.  Jody and I went to the Catfish Parlour for dinner, always really good.

There are rumors (I don't believe it, but I will check back in with you tomorrow) that there will be sleet and freezing rain overnight and into Tuesday.  It just reeks of Weather Weenies if you ask me.  BUT, a lot will depend on what the School District does as to whether or not we have business as usual tomorrow.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EMPTY BOWL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment