Monday, November 11, 2013

2013 - Day 314/51 - Sunday...

OMG, today was a mot excellent day, I just hope spellcheck can keep up, it may require combat pay.  SPOILER ALERT!  Do not dismay, it all turns out okay.

Even though it is Sunday, the day began with a breakfast of NAR ANNUAL ATENDEES breakfast.  It was very nice, and there were many members of the Austin Board there.  The NAR Regional Caucuses began at 4 PM, and there was lots of great information shared with us.  After the caucuses, a few of us (Cathy, Steve and Susie) had a very quick dinner and then we headed back to the center to get our seats for the Foreigner Concert.

We ended up with front row seats, and when the concert started, I was actually one space back from the stage.  My ear balls  have endured more abuse in the last two days than they have been subject to in the last three or four decades.  I have been subjected to more decibels in the past two days than a reasonable person should be subjected to in a lifetime.  BUT, it was all really a blast (forgive the pun) and well worth it.  I was already almost deaf in one ear anyway!

The concert tonight at the NAR Annual Conference was FOREIGNER, and even though I had a low expectation for the event, it turned out to be really GREAT!  If you are a friend of mine on Face Book (if you are not, you are probably not reading this entry), you were able to see the posts from the concert.  It was absolutely great!  I managed to get to within one person of the front of the stage, and also managed to piss off a lot of uptight colleagues around me.  If you were not wanting to have a little bit of fun at the expense of your genteel ways, you should not have attended.  And NO, I actually did not step on your foot you old crone.  That is actually like the pot calling the kettle puce!

Afterwards, we all went to the 39th floor of the Marriott, and that was a lot of fun.  On the way out, Jim and Steve and I had this photo taken in the lobby.  I cannot wait to see the avalanche of spam that hits our in-boxes in the next several days!

Please excuse me, but there is a club sandwich awaiting my attention.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FOREIGNER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment