Wednesday, November 27, 2013

2013 - Day 331/34 - It Only Feels Like Friday...

It is really Wednesday, no matter what it feels like.  BUT, I will take advantage of this and sleep extra late tomorrow morning.

I had an early breakfast meeting with several folks from the Austin Board and Congressman Lloyd Doggett.  We met at Sweetish Hill Café on West Sixth Street and we all sat around for close to an hour and talked about housing, governmental opportunities to make things better and a lot of this and that.  It was interesting, because he acknowledged the Installation next week and gave his regrets for not being able to attend.  It was a great breakfast, good coffee, good conversation and good points made on all sides.

Then it was off to work.  We had a PM meeting in the AM (a day ahead of schedule) and then I had a couple errands to run.  Back to the office, a little bit more work and then I headed out of the office for the long weekend.  More errands to run, some more successful than others, and then a meeting at the Austin Board. 

Once I got home this afternoon (early for me, just about 4 o'clock) I delivered some Thanksgiving Pies to the neighbors, read the meters and cleaned out the stove.  We have had a fire in the stove for about a week now, so there was a good bit of ash.  Pretty much cleaned out, and now we are back to having nice big fires.  On Saturday I have an appointment to go get a truck load of Pecan Fire Wood, so that will be great,  The Pecan wood burns very nicely.

Jody had a hankering for Frito Pie tonight, so instead of making it in the bag, he made a Frito Pie Casserole,  Very good!  Tomorrow evening we will go to our friends Lynda and Michael's for Thanksgiving Dinner.  Friday I have to go back into Austin to pick up some stuff for next week, and I need to go into Taylor to get some cattle feed.  I have been getting the feed in Bartlett, but Taylor has a feed that is good for cattle in the winter, helps them stay warmer.

Gonna be a busy four day weekend!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FRITO PIE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment