Thursday, July 3, 2014

2014 - Day 184/181 - Thursday...

It is Flag Week, and this is a wonderful example of a GIANT flag that I spotted on the way home this afternoon.  Interestingly, you can see flags here and there, but you cannot navigate a motorized vehicle to get close enough to them to get a really good photo.  Do not even get me started about the horn honking.  But anyway...it has been an interesting week to pay attention to where (and really why) flags are flown within the environment we all inhabit.  Tomorrow I will FINALLY give you the observations that I made while documenting a few of the banners I made note of this week.

Chris and I delivered our Meals-On-Wheels route this morning, and we only had four clients on the route today, and one of them was not home.  While out delivering, I discovered a world record holding bird stuck in the grill of Chris' car.  Yes ladies and germs, without a doubt, this bird of undetermined species is noted in the Guinness Book of World Records as the SLOWEST bird in the world, documented by the fact that it was chased down an pulverized (therefore the undetermined species bit) by a SUBARU.  Really?  How slow can a bird travel versus how fast can a Subaru go?  I think somebody has some explaining to do.

There has been another documented sighting of our alleged cat.  Jody has changed the name of the cat from BC (which stood for Barn Cat) to Barney.  Get it?  I think it will be okay even if we determine that it is a girl cat versus Barney kind of being a boy name.  And would you pay attention to that; I have used the word versus two times in this journal entry.  Wait, three times!  Holy Moley Canoli!  Anyway, it is a pretty cat no matter if it is a girl or a boy, we are happy that it is around and willing to hang with us.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SLOW BIRDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment