Saturday, July 5, 2014

2014 - Day 186/179 - Saturday...

Vera has been questioning me about all the hullabaloo about flags lately, and no real mention of her or the other girls.  She is actually the top-dog of the chicken coop, and she (and the rest of the girls) are well aware that there is a cat on the property.  The cat (Barney, get it?) has not really threatened the chickens to the best of my knowledge, and they have all been accounted for as of a couple days ago.  I generally make a count about once a week.  I was in the Georgetown feed store this afternoon, and they ha a bunch of baby chicks in there...I got a little tempted to go and take a loser look at them, but I settled for a couple flock-blocks instead.  No baby chicks for us this year.

Wonderfully I got a little longer sleep in this morning, and did some work around the house.  I cut grass and weeds off the electric fence in the back, but there must still be an issue somewhere because the charge is still very low.  What this country needs is a self-propelled lawn mower with a reverse gear in it.  That thing drug me down some contours and it was tough getting back up.  Of course, I am old, so that explains a lot of it!

And then...are you all sitting down boys and girls?  AND THEN I washed the truck.  We have owned the truck for close to six years, and I have never washed the truck.  It is a farm truck for crying out loud.  It is supposed to look like it lives on a farm.  Well, it still does, but it does look like a shinier farm truck now than it has in a long time.  I even vacuumed the interior (a little bit).

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FARM STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment