Tuesday, July 15, 2014

2014 - Day 196/169 - Tuesday...

We have had a few sprinkles of rain all day long, off and on.  Lovely.  Cloudy and that kept the heat down.  Not sure what the high temperature was today, something in the mid-90's I expect.  These are some of the clouds that I was able to enjoy on my ride home.  Beauty!

Busy day at the office, of course I am leaving early in the morning, so there are lots of things in progress.  I went to a NARPM luncheon this afternoon with Chris, and Emily was the speaker at the luncheon.  Do you know that the Federal Transportation Department is on the verge of insolvency?  That was the first I had heard of it, but I also heard it on the news on the way home.  Two more weeks and everything comes to a screeching halt.  No funding for roads, NADA!  Everyone that is working on this is wrong.  Something just needs to get done.  It is like water in Austin, the less we use, the more it costs.  Why fund road programs with gasoline tax, when we are getting better and better at using less gas.  No making sense.  Does not seem reasonable.

Whatever.

Tune in tomorrow, same time, same IP address, but I will be broadcasting from San Francisco!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ROADS, Kindn
esses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment