Sunday, July 13, 2014

2014 - Day 194/171 - Sunday...

I heard a new saying the other day (one of several I have heard and/or made-up, and/or adopted as my new mantra of life) that I think is VERY appropriate for today.  It is hotter than the first floor of hell.  Yep, you heard me boys and girls, we officially hit 100 degrees today, the first time this year.   We have one more day at 100 degrees predicted (tomorrow) and then we will be back into the mid and lower nineties.  I leave for San Francisco very early on Wednesday morning and the highs there for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are forecast to be 66, 64 and 64 respectively.  Does anyone remember where I put my winter duds?  But I digress...  The reason for this diatribe about the heat is that the cotton in the fields is blooming.  Beautiful, delicate little blossoms, hoping against hope that one day soon they too will be a pair of Levi 501's.  The pinnacle of success for all the little cotton blossoms across the country.

Okay, as you may (or may not) remember, last night we took a vote (sorry, you might have missed the actual voting part of the vote) and decided that Barney (get it?) is a girl.  Earlier today you also voted that I no longer need to know if you get it or not (get it?).  So, there will be no more (get it?)s posted in this journal.  I hope you (get it?).  But again I digress...  Barney (aarrgghhh) was a little bit early tonight, but she was out there eating her food just like it was meant for her.  She seems to be a happy cat.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COTTON BLOSSOMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment