Monday, July 14, 2014

2014 - Day 195/170 - Monday...

I was listening to a local news program this morning, and Bryan and Albert were discussing the soccer game that had been played yesterday, and the fact that the home team (Argentina) was not happy with the loss, and that there had been some rioting and property damage; cars set on fire, properties vandalized, etc.  Albert showed a photo of a beautiful sunrise and made the comment (and I am paraphrasing here) that 'perhaps a beautiful sunrise can fix stupid'.  There you go boys and girls, my words to live by today.  PERHAPS A BEAUTIFUL SUNRISE CAN FIX STUPID.  So, on the way to work, I was met by a beautiful sunrise, but sorry to say, I still feel stupid.  Maybe Bryan and Albert were not talking to me, I'm just sayin'.

Today was an adequate day, the high point was guiding about 8 or our members through a one-hour 'lunch and learn' type of class on the Code of Ethics.  Good stuff.  Before and after was devoted to real estate, and that was all god as well.

One thing I noticed on the national news this evening (okay, maybe two or three things).  There is a cease-fire pending in Israel and the Gaza strip.  Cease fire is scheduled to begin at 9AM tomorrow morning (their time I assume), but in the freakin' mean-time they are going to set off as many weapons as they can...why isn't the cease fire effective immediately?  Sorry to be on this soap box, but it is my journal, and that pretty much answers that.  The other thing I noticed about this most recent conflict; they were showing footage of the area, and there was a beautiful blue sky and lovely clouds in the background.  I told Jody, they have the same clouds there that we have here.

That pretty much sums it up.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUPID, Kindnesses, WHIRLED PEAS (get it?), FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment