Tuesday, July 29, 2014

2014 - Day / - Tuesday...

I continue on the past of unashamed, unabashed pandering to my thousands of loyal subscribers in the attempt to boost numbers, I am today flush with excitement to bring you a few paragraphs about that hero of the Loo, Thomas Crapper.

Thomas Crapper was born in September of 1836 and was a plumber who founded the Thomas Crapper & Co in London.  He did not invent the flush toilet, although he is widely credited with that feat.  He did however, do much to increase the popularity of the toilet, and developed some important related inventions, such as the ballcock (we all have one or two or three or more and you have a dirty, dirty mind).  He was noted for the quality of his products and received several royal warrants.

Manhole covers with Crapper’s company name on them in Westminster Abbey are now one of London’s minor tourist attractions.  Thomas Crapper & Co owned the world’s first bath, toilet and sink showroom in King’s Road until 1966.  The firm’s lavatorial equipment was manufactured on the premises in nearby Marlborough Road, now Draycott Avenue.

I admit, this is boring, not nearly as much fun as writing about Otto Titzling, so tune in tomorrow for more about that.  It is much more interesting and controversial, and what this journal needs (and I include myself in that) is more controversy!

And, if you have a topic you would like me to research, just let me know.  How difficult can it be?

Not a bad day today, if I do say so myself.  I started by sleeping a little later than usual.  I had mentioned to Jody last night that I wanted to come home early today to move the rest of the have to the storage area, and I wanted to try and do that before it rained.  Jody said "have you ever thought of moving it in the morning when it is cooler?"  Ummm.  Well, no, as a matter of fact I never had thought of that, which is just more evidence that he has all the brains and I am left with nothing much of anything!  It did however, make for a great start to the day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CRAP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment