Sunday, October 4, 2015

2015 - Day 277/88 - Sunday...

This pretty little coral yucca bloom was in evidence up by the road. I thought it was unusual that it was blooming this late in the year, but the (comparatively speaking) cooler weather has a tendency to fake out many of the plants into thinking it is spring time once again. There is a forecast of rain coming in on Friday of next week, and that will totally get things confused. There are cracks in the ground, cracks in the road beds, cracks all over. This coral yucca has certainly not received any water or moisture since the first of June, but that is why yuccas do well in this semi-arid climate. Yuccas and cactus to name a few. BUT, with any luck, the prognosticators will get it right, and we will have some rain soon, and then El Nino will kick in. Yippee!

And tomorrow is the start of another work week. Today was relatively expected, as Sunday's go. Slept late, made breakfast, read the paper, sat in the office doing things I did not have time to do during the LAST work week. I showed property, went by the office, got aggravated by the freaks that re populating the city right now. I understand it is a financial windfall to the city in many ways other than the actual transfer of money. Pretty much everyone knows or has heard of Austin, Texas. I remember in the late 70s I had heard of Austin, and I thought it would be neat to live here one day, even though I had never been here. As it turned out (and turns out) I have now lived in central Texas longer than I have lived anywhere else during my considerable number of year. It will be 30 years this month. I just wrote 'it will be thirty years in October' and then I realized it is October.

See how the time flies?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CORAL YUCCA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment