Friday, October 30, 2015

2015 - Day 303/62 - Friday...

Let's start today's discussion with a couple questions, shall we gentle readers? Question Number One: True or False...Crickets float. Answer: True. Question Number Two: Multiple Choice...What would you like me to rant about this evening? A). Crickets B). Rain C). Frogs D). Crickets or E). All of the Above. Question Number Three: True or False...Consciously deciding to wear suede shoes because your penny loafers leak in wet weather it the stupidest thing I have ever done. Answer: False. Final Question (I'll take crickets for $2,000 Alec): Multiple Choice...If rain gauges and electronic weather stations were laxatives, we would be known (on the edge of nowhere) as? A). Carters Little Liver Pills B). Cod Liver Oil C). Milk of Magnesia D). Wink or E). None of the Above. The answer is D). Wink Martindale. Thank you all for playing. Yes, we have had a little bit of rain today, it started about 3 o'clock this morning and it is still at it. The sheer volume of the downfalls has kind of taken me by surprise, but maybe some of you were better prepared that I was. A few blocks from my office, it was reported that 13 cars were under water (not far from the What-A-Burger public shrine to all things caloric). I expected the waters to have receded by the time I was heading for home (early afternoon), but nope, still flooded. I found a zig-zag path out of town, and it kind of reminded me of a bad Peter Seller's movie. Out here on the edge of nowhere, it was not nearly as bad as 50 miles south, but we have had over 4.25" of rain since midnight. Here is a short video of one of the creeks near the house, I think this is Wilbarger Creek. If it is another creek, who cares?

In other news, crickets are driving me crazy. The squish of crickets when you put your foot into your boot (I have only done it once, and I don't recommend it). The squish of crickets when you walk or drive over them. The squish of crickets when the girl dog (finally) catches one of them and decides it was not as tasty as she had expected. Playful but not tasty. On another note, we have had so much rain today (how much rain have you had Johnny?)...we have had so much rain today that there was a frog seeking refuge on top of the water meter when I was trying to take my readings. I did my best not to disturb it, we shall check further on its condition tomorrow.

Fall back on Sunday night, I can hardly wait. Take a nap tomorrow if you get a chance.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FREAKIN' CRICKETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment