Friday, October 16, 2015

2015 - Day 289/76 - Friday...

To be sure, the city limits of Austin do not have a monopoly on traffic accidents and congestion, BUT the further out of town you get, the less these commuter impediments wear me down personally. I took my usual route coming home this afternoon, and took my appointed exit with no idea that an 18 wheeled truck would by lying on its side between the exit and my turn. There was no traffic backed up, not even any local (or state) law enforcement in evidence. It is just as if this truck sort of slid off the highway, went sideways, had to roof of the cab ripped off and tow trucks arrived with giant balloons to help get it back up on its tires. Interesting. But there you have it.

I an recuperating nicely, thank you very much, and I think I will survive this plague of crap that decided to settle in my nasal passages. As much as I formerly (not sure of the reason right now) disliked the idea of ingesting Mucinex (I think it is their creepy commercials), I am now a believer. Not sure if it is the Mucinex or the Zyrtec, but I am happy to report that I am on the road to recovery. And a big should out to Lisa at my doctors office, who convinced me I was not afflicted with the plague, and that I should just do what she told me to do and go to bed.

Well played, Lisa.

I have enjoyed the extra sleep these last few days have afforded me, and I am looking forward to more convalescence tomorrow and Sunday. We are supposed to enjoy winds from the north (they are late) over the weekend, and high temperatures should only be in the LOWER 90s.

And Mikey is coming to visit in December.

Who could have possibly have had a better day than me?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SIDEWAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment