Thursday, October 8, 2015

2015 - Day 281/84 - Thursday...

I met Representative Joe Pickett several years ago (when you get to be my age, 5 or 6 years is considered several), and I always liked him, and always liked to listen to him. We have shared stories on planes (and I have no reason to believe he remembers that, we were on our way back from Scottsdale earlier this year), and talked briefly whenever our paths crossed. Today, the paths crossed (first) in the 'secret men's room' at the Hyatt. If you did not know there was a 'secret' set of restrooms at the Hyatt, you have not spent enough time at the Hyatt. So anyway, we talked for a couple minutes in the men's room, then we ran into each other again upstairs. He was the speaker at our luncheon this afternoon (Dan Patrick, the Lieutenant Governor of Texas spoke to us in the morning), and during his remarks he called me out (jokingly) about something, but he was not aware that I would be at the podium after him, and would get my chance at him. Anyway, when he made that realization, he jumped up and took off his coat, loosened his tie and was ready for a brawl. It was a lot of fun, and we both enjoyed it. He is a good guy, and he is a REALTOR®, so it was really fun to take a couple 'swings' at each other, back and forth. Photo credit to Dahlia, even though she has not yet granted me a license to use it. I may have to take it down for fear of retaliation!

Thanks to all of you for pointing out that my numerical count in last night's journal was incorrect. Complain all you want, but it was not worth fixing, and I honestly think maybe you put too much into this daily gig. I am pretty sure, however, that I am back on track, and you can take this numerical reference to the bank, but don't tell them I sent you, I have my own challenges.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD TIMES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment