Saturday, October 24, 2015

2015 - Day 297/68 - Saturday...

Well, it actually has rained some more, most of the day actually. Overnight, we collected 3.68" in the gauge, and we have (probably) about another inch-and-a-quarter and it is still raining. It is supposed to be finished raining by early tomorrow afternoon, so that is just about right for us. Anything more than that and we would all start complaining and moaning and groaning. No need for that. There is very little evidence of any more water in the tanks, the ground was so dry that it all went into the earth, but if we get some good soaking rains tonight into the morning, the tanks may rise a little bit. It seems that there was some rain over the watersheds, so the lakes will rise several feet, and that is a good thing. Jody and I went into Georgetown this afternoon, and went past one of the low-water crossings. There was just a little bit of rain going over the road, no roaring creeks out here.

Otherwise, all we did is sleep for most of the day. Nothing at all wrong with that if I do say so myself. I think Daylight Saving Time ends next Sunday, and it will not be soon enough for me. I am tired of doing everything in the dark, although it is dark outside right now, and a week from now it will be an hour earlier, so I have to get my head wrapped around this whole thing.

Deeds, actions, Changes, MORE RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment