Sunday, October 11, 2015

2015 - Day 284/81 - Sunday...

Earlier this spring, the allergens kicked my cute little ass, and I had to resort to taking some kind of pill for about two months. I am back on the little teeny tiny white pills, and I am suffering from the post-nasal drips. Every time I think of post nasal drips, I think of Judy Holiday in (either) The Bells Are Ringing or Guys and Dolls (I am gonna go with Guys and Dolls) singing about 'La Grip'. I am blaming the whole thing on the fact that we have not ha any rain in three or four years, and just to take the dog for a walk is a selfless act of courage. Walking from the house to the chicken coop raises enough dust that you cannot see the house, and if a car (Really? There are no cars out here, they are all Club Cab Pick-Ups) happened to go down the road, you get enough dust to build a dirt hut. Honestly, I cannot hold my breath that long.

Anyway...

This was a pretty typical Sunday, got up late, made coffee, read the paper, made a pile of eggs, power washed the front porch and the back patio (you cannot have anything party if you have chickens), and then cleaned out the chicken coop. The chickens are molting and NOT laying any eggs to speak of, we are average two eggs a day, from 21 chickens. One of the brown girls fell over dead the other day, it is the strangest ting about chickens. Life is short really does apply to them.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ALLERGENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment