Thursday, October 15, 2015

2015 - Day 288/77 - Thursday...

That cloud bank you see me heading toward in this photograph is not really a cloud bank. Well, I guess technically it is a cloud, but in this case, it is a cloud of smoke. Smoke from the Bastrop fires. I cannot really imagine what the folks in Bastrop are going through, four years ago the fires destroyed 1,600 homes (I think that was about 30% of Bastrop County's tax base, but don't quote me on that), and now there has not been that much damage to structures (I think 10 to 15 homes have been destroyed in the last several days), but it is incomprehensible to me that those folks are going through this again. AND, we have had record setting high temperatures three of the last four or five days. I guess really I should get all my facts straight before I start espousing statistics, but accuracy has never concerned me before, so why should I start now. Early this week it was 99 degrees (keep in mind this is the third week of October) and the last couple days is has not been cooler than 95 degrees for the high temperature. AND NO RAIN. There is rain forecast for the last week of October, but that is still another two weeks away. Really low humidity though (which is working IN FAVOR of the fires), yesterday the humidity was 11%. They swear that El Nino is still going to happen, but not until November or so.

Somebody needs to call in some favors.

I am still snotty and grumpy (is Snotty officially one of the Seven Dwarfs, and is is politically correct to say Dwarf?), and I came home from work a couple hours early today and immediately went to the blue chair and took a nap.

We shall see what tomorrow brings,

Gesundheit!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MOANING AND GROANING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment