Monday, August 8, 2016

2016 - Day 221/145 - Monday...

Here is something that I did not learn in any of my (extensive) formal education, and so I need to know if this is something you (gentle legions of followers) are aware of either. Q: Did you know that stained and polished concrete is an excellent conductor of (static) electricity. A: Neither did I! Everywhere I go lately I get shocked by static electricity. I am almost of the opinion that many places I visit have faulty wiring and if I am not careful, I will be a victim of an accidental electrocution. The best I could hope for would be that it was a rapid and (relatively) painless death. Not like my visit to Costco this afternoon. I could not go thirty feet without being shocked if I touched any metal piece of the shopping cart. I had to very carefully hold onto only the plastic handle piece. I tried very carefully NOT to shuffle my feet, and I fear I was reminiscent of a vintage Monty Python skit that began "Walk this way!" As I was JUST STANDING in the checkout line, not even moving and continuing to be shocked, I asked a supervisor (who was just standing there observing) if he had any complaints of people being shocked just by walking through the store. He responded that, no complaints that day, but there had been complaints in the past, and that "stained and polished concrete floors are excellent conductors of (static) electricity." SO...the truth-o-meter scores this one as TRUE!

Who knew?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STATIC, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment