Tuesday, August 16, 2016

2016 - Day 229/137 - Tuesday...

...and then this happened. Everything was running pretty smoothly considering that it rained all day, and we have (so far) received 7.02" of rain in the last four-and-a-half days. We received about three-and-a-half inches of that since I emptied the gauge this morning. On my way home this afternoon, I tried to call Jody a couple times to see if he needed me to stop and do anything on the way home, since it had rained all day. Out here on the edge of nowhere, the telephone lines are finicky when it comes to rain, and I never could get through to him. There was a part of me that thought he had gone out after the housekeeper left, and was not back from the grocery yet. When I got home, I saw Jody's truck outside the garage, and thought maybe the power was out, and he could not get the door open, and that is when I saw the gutter laying helplessly across the drive way, still attached to the corner of the gutter on the front side of the house, but just laying prostrate (I hope that is the right word) across the HVAC system and totally detached from the back corner of the house.

SO...since the guy that installed the gutters is in Oklahoma (he won't be here to fix it until Monday), I took matters into my own (gloved) hands and RIPPED the gutter off the front corner, and dragged it to a resting place along side the fence. It was rest there comfortable (I hope) until the guy comes to make the necessary repairs.

It is always something.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GUTTERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment