Saturday, August 20, 2016

2016 - Day 233/133 - Saturday...

Over the past week, including the rain we have received so far today, we have documented over 9" of rain out here on the edge of nowhere! And it started raining about an hour ago, and it is supposed to keep raining until Tuesday. Freaky weather all across the country, and I guess freaky is just the new normal. Jody and I went into Georgetown this afternoon for lunch, and we were caught in a DOWNPOUR. It rained really hard on us on the way home, but we outran it and made it home where there had been just a little rain. BUT NOW we are in for some heavy rains off and on for the next couple days. Don't get me wrong, we are not complaining (yet), and we know we are lucky that we have not been experiencing floods, fires, tornadoes, alligators, fallen trees, locusts, other varieties of pestilence, ice storms, or other weather related maladies. We are just happy with the rain, and that will do for us, thank you very much.

I did get the grass cut around the house this morning, most of the front and some of the back. I am very pleased with myself that I got that done and did not wait (as I usually do) until Sunday to get those kinds of chores accomplished. Very pleased.

On another note, after I finished cutting the grass this morning, I drove about 40 miles (round trip) on a cantaloupe quest. I am going through a cantaloupe phase (I do nothing in moderation), and I have been very disappointed with the cantaloupes I have been able to get (generally speaking) at the grocers around Austin. Not ripe. I got two cantaloupes yesterday at the grocery, and they are both in a paper sack waiting to ripen. I went to the Georgetown Farmer's Market this morning and got one that smelled pretty good, and the 'farmer' said it was ripe and ready to eat. It is okay, but it has a very mild taste and it is not a real dark orange color. Now I am on a quest for the perfect cantaloupes.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment