Saturday, August 13, 2016

2016 - Day 226/140 - Saturday...

With the promise of rain in the forecast (for the next six or seven days), I got started with the little bit of yard work I wanted to do this morning. After making a pile of eggs, I went out in the yard and trimmed some low-hanging tree limbs from around the pool. Then I trimmed some more limbs that were hanging over the deck. I did not get too carried away, and a couple hours later decided to trim a few more limbs from another area. That was it. Done. I did however, get a chance to try out my new 'sucker-blower', and if I do say so myself, it worked wonderfully. Last week, I swept the leaves around the pool deck and back patio, since I have never really mastered the art of using a leaf-blower. So, this week I ventured out and obtained a 'leaf-vacuum', which is basically the same end results of sweeping leaves and putting them in the recycle bin (the trash can), without all the in-between steps of sweeping, bending and then more sweeping. It works pretty well, and if I ever tire of it being a leaf sucker, it (with a few twists and turns) can be converted into a leaf blower. Almost like magic (but not really, let's be serious).

Later in the afternoon, we went into Georgetown and saw the Florence Foster Jenkins movie. "People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing!" It is worth seeing (no matter what the critics say), and there were no kids in the auditorium, and there were lots of people laughing (including me). Fun!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRIMMING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment