Tuesday, August 23, 2016

2016 - Day 236/130 - Tuesday...

I wish someone would take pity on me and find me a source for cantaloupes that taste like cantaloupes are supposed to taste. I travelled half-way to Houston (figuratively speaking) to the Georgetown Farmer's Market, and got what as 'guaranteed' to be a delicious, ripe cantaloupe. I got it home and it was ripe and juicy, but it was pale (delicate?) and did not taste like a cantaloupe as I remember from my youth. I got two cantaloupes last Friday (and a grocer-type establishment that I am ashamed to admit I patronized, but it was convenient), and suspected that they were not ripe, so I put them both in a paper sack (followed the directions I downloaded from the Googles, except the part that said I should add a banana and/or a tomato to steep along inside the bag with them), and unleashed and cut into one of them this afternoon. BEAUTIFUL! The one I cut open looks beautiful. I could not ask for a still life oil painting by one of the Renaissance Masters that would look any better than this FREAKING cantaloupe. BUT...it is kind of crunchy (not juicy) and it has NO TASTE. I think I may be doomed in the cantaloupe procurement department, and I am considering abandoning this latest binge. I do things in binges. I happen to be on a cantaloupe binge right now, but I fear I am a failure.

Please help me.

Please!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CANTALOUPES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment