Sunday, August 28, 2016

2016 - Day 241/125 - Sunday...

I should have stayed in bed this morning. Although I made many accomplishments (and got almost everything on my 'to-done' list checked off), this was a day of numerous failures. I will try to list them for you.

1. Jody and I went into Salado this morning, so I could FAIL and buying a light switch for the front barn. How you you not buy the right light switch? Believe me, it is easier than you might think. Not as easy as buying the wrong allergy medicine at CVS, but easy none-the-less. BUT, on the way in to Salado, we passed by a grain elevator that we have passed many times, and again I noticed the name on the top of one of the elevators. SUKUP. This particular grain elevator is in (or close to) the town of Schwertner (pronounced Schwett-Ner, as in Schwetty-Balls). So, that is fail number one.

2. I failed at getting the grass trimmed nicely up by the road, but I did succeed (once again) in stirring up another wasp nest (the big killer red ones this time) but my defensive playbook came in handy and I did not get stung. Then, when the offensive line came in during the second half, I got those little vicious bastards, and they are done for. I admit it; I am an anti-waspite. Not the anglo-saxon kind of anti-waspite, the anti-genus-Hymenoptera-ite kind. I guess, technically, I am an anti-Hymenoptera-ite, but that just does not have the same panache when rolling off the tongue. Anti-Waspite is just easier to say. I am a conspirator in Wasp-O-Cide, and I do not care who knows it.

3. I failed miserably at eating a burrito at Chipotle. In front of everyone in the place. Much to the dismay of the people that came behind us to clean up the table. Power washers come into play it was so bad.

2A. I should say that, before failing to consume the burrito in a polite manner, it seems I failed miserably to communicate specifically how I would like the afore-mentioned burrito delivered to me. Wrapped and in a bowl, no aluminum foil. With a plastic knife and fork, please. No forks? Since when? Just put the burrito in a bowl, please. No top. No chips. Yes on the sour cream and guacamole. NO ALUMINUM FOIL. NO TOP. Than you.

It was ugly.

4. Then I failed at gathering eggs. I was trying to multi-task, and I put the eggs (three of them) in my shorts pocket. FAIL! One and a half of the eggs survived. Picture it if you would like.

I am quite certain there were more fails. I simply choose not to recall other than the most interesting of them. I think I will retire early tonight. It is Beach Front Bargain night on HGTV. I am busy.

Deeds, Action, Changes, FAILS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment