Wednesday, September 7, 2016

2016 - Day 251/116 - Wednesday...

It is early evening here in Galveston, and I am doing this journal entry early since I will be leaving here in a few minutes to attend a YPN (Young Professionals Network) function at the Galveston Brewery. I think discretion dictates that I complete the entry before attending the function.

It was a busy day today, a full day of classes (Mediation NOT Meditation), then a couple quick meetings and then the opening session. Our main speaker for the opening session was J R Martinez, former USArmy soldier whose vehicle hit an IUD when he was 19 and went through months (maybe years) of rehab. He has made some major accomplishments since then, and is a motivational speaker across the country, and was the winner of a recent season of Dancing with the Stars. He is a great speaker, and during the meet and greet, I asked him to dance with me. I gave him the famous Ginger Rogers line "I'll do everything you do, only backwards and in heels." That cracked him up, and we danced...photos to follow on a future post.

Otherwise, it was just another normal day of learning, networking and appreciating.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DANCING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment