Monday, September 26, 2016

2016 - Day 270/96 - Monday...

Really? This could not really be Monday could it? Well, except for the 'cluster' that they are calling the debates tonight, this has really been not such a bad day! When I got home this afternoon, I was doing all the stuff I do (CDO) and I realized there are Iris blooming in the circle of the driveway. The honeysuckle out the back door has been blooming for a couple weeks now. The Mexican Petunias are still doing nicely, and the cannas are still blooming here and there, but I think the plumeria has done all it is going to do. There are still a few blooms on the crepe myrtles, and there is an occasional lily blooming here and there, but that is pretty much it. The roses are still doing nicely, but they don't care about anything, really, they will just bloom their little hearts out, even after the first freeze. On the way home this afternoon, the thermometer in my car reported it was 69 degrees near the edge of nowhere. The official Bartlett temperature was 70 degrees, but that is still a blessing. I take my blessings wherever I can get them. This reprieve from the 90 degree temperatures is not expected to last much beyond the weekend, though, and we will be back to his in the 90s. I always say the weather will start to cool off AFTER the second week in October. I am usually more accurate than the prognosticators that get paid the big bucks.

A good day in the office, and I got a lot of work cleared off my desk (and moved it all to someone else desk), but it is off my desk.

Deeds, Action, Changes, IRIS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment