Wednesday, September 28, 2016

2016 - Day 272/94 - Wednesday...

Another not terrible day. Started out with a visit to the dentist, where I got my teeths all cleaned up. Did not see the dentist because I had a 10 o'clock appointment in Austin, at the Austin Board of REALTORS®. Quarterly Governmental Affairs Forum, guest speakers Senator Kirk Watson (former Austin Mayor) and current Austin Mayor Steve Adler. Lots of our elected officials were there, along with a great showing of our members. We were also live-streaming the Forum, which was a first for us. We have had the technology, we just needed a chance to put our heads down and get it done. If that was not our first streaming Forum, I apologize, but whatever, we did it and I know many of our members attended broadcast. Austin and central Texas roads are in terrible need of improvement. The State needs to spend money on the Interstate, and the City needs to spend money on the local arteries. In the last 20 years, the City (the 11th largest city in the US) has approved spending a little over $600 million dollars, which is the largest reason we are where we are today. We cannot continue to think 'if we don't build it, they won't come'. They are already here. This is a photo of the Senator and me before the Forum began. Brothers from another mother! A very nice guy, and thanks for presenting this morning!

And then it was off to the office. My new office computer was installed this afternoon, updated my iPhone operating system, added virus software to my iMac, the new PC and to the iMac at home, and when I finish this post, I am going to upgrade the operating system to the iMac. If everything is going to go to Hell, it might as well all go at once.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRANSPORTATION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment