Thursday, September 15, 2016

2016 - Day 259/107 - Thursday...

I admit it, I am relatively clueless. I got up this morning, did all my usual things, and then drove to the Highland Lakes Association of REALTORS® and got on a bus to teach the Advocacy Class to a bunch of their members. Part of the class was completed on the bus to our first stop, and the rest of the instruction was held under some really nice Live Oak Trees at the Garrison Brothers Distillery, somewhere in the Hill Country. I am not really sure where we were, basically because I did the whole bus ride backwards. I was not paying attention, I was guiding. After we left the distillery, we went to a winery somewhere (again, I am not sure Where we were) where we had lunch and enjoyed a wine tasting. If you know me, you know I did not participate A LOT in the wine tastings, but I got enough to whet my whistle, so all was well. We left there and went to another winery, where we had another round of wine tastings, and where I whetted my whistle all over again. The group consensus is/was that I an "earthy and soft". That might have been a reference to me, or it might have been a reference to one of the wines, but I wear the mantel proudly. Earthy and soft. I think it is pretty fitting for someone who professes NOT to have a clue! This photo was taken at the first stop, the distillery. Interesting stuff!

In other news, the edge of nowhere is experiencing a plethora of technical difficulties. We have not had local telephone service (yes, we have a land-line) for a couple weeks now. The said (via electronic messages) that they fixed it once, but they lied. Now they say it has been escalated and is a priority, and they will have it fixed tomorrow. We also have NO television since this morning. Three calls later (the last one took over an hour) and they have determined that it is a problem with their satellite (I really think they were just reading off a script), and that something should be done within 24 to 48 hours. And that whole conversation was conducted over my cell phone, with one bar. It is an AT&T conspiracy, I know it is. Do you see any patterns here? Jody and I are going to try and watch the news on my lap-top.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GUIDING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment