Saturday, March 3, 2018

2018 - Day 62/303 - Saturday...1790...

I am doing something in this journal entry (and on this day) that I have NOT DONE in the many years (forgot how many) that I have been composing this journal. I am duplicating a photo that I have used already on social media. This morning was our last session of this years' RPAC Annual President's Circle Conference. There were several great speakers, but the highlight of the sessions today was an address by former First Lady Laura Bush. Interestingly, we were told before her introduction, that there was to be no photographs allowed, no notes were to be taken during her remarks, and that we were not to make any recordings of here remarks.

She spoke to us for about 45 minutes, very interesting, humorous, serious, enlightening, passionate. Really interesting.

And...for the most part, our colleagues complied with those requests. I complied, and I went on about my day.

So that was the first highlight of my day. After the session was over, I met up with friends, and went down TWO water slides. The first was a relatively gradual descent, the other was pretty much straight downhill, through a tube at the bottom around which sharks were swimming, and into a pool at the bottom. Honestly, the angle of descent had to be greater than 75 degrees. While you were at the top of the slide, waiting to 'shove off', you could NOT SEE the slide itself. Straight down...it was a blast!

It should also be noted here that, after the second descent, I noted that my room key card had escaped the velcro sealed pocket in my bathing suit, but that was only a minor inconvenience.

Then we went on a tubing kind of river rapids kind of thing, which was also fun. After that, I went back to my hotel room, where, quite accidentally, I was informed that Mrs. Bush would be leaving the premises shortly. SO...I hung around and casually captured the photo added to this entry, and was roundly scolded for interfering with her privacy. But, I got the photo, and there is a lot more to this story, and I will be happy to give full disclosure, all you have to do is ask!

It was a good day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NO PHOTOS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment