Saturday, March 31, 2018

2018 - Day 90/275 - Saturday...1720...

Finally I found a place to stop and take a photo of Bluebonnets. It seems like there will be a good crop this year, and people are saying it is because of the recent rains. That certainly has not hurt, but the Bluebonnets thrive when there are fall rains, and we had a couple good fall rains. They are lush along some of the roads, and there have been a few sightings of Indian Paintbrush and Indian Blankets as well. Lovely.

Who knew that the riding lawn mower (that we have had for about six years now) had a parking break on it. I didn't. I picked up the lawnmowers yesterday after they were serviced, and this morning I decided to move them off the trailer. The rider started just like a jewel, but I could not get it to budge. It was like the clutch was frozen. It ran wonderfully, but I could not get it to move. Finally about four o'clock this afternoon, the man from the repair shop called me back (he was the second guy to call me) and asked if the parking brake was on. What parking brake. Oh, that orange thing? I have wondered for years what that was for, but I had no idea. Dumbass!

I planted about 250 bulbs today; elephant ears by the creek, gladiolus, lilies...I think that's it. 210 lilies, 70 glads and the rest elephant ears. Tomorrow I will water. The only other thing I have to do tomorrow is to water the bulbs, clean the chicken coop and take hay to the cattle.

Easy!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PARKING BRAKE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment