Monday, March 12, 2018

2018 - Day 71/294 - Monday...1783...

I hate Daylight Saving Time. I may have mentioned that in previous journal entries. Not sure. Today was the first work day after (grudgingly) converting to the dreaded DST. I had an 8 o'clock appointment this morning, which meant I needed to leave the house by 6:30 in order to compensate for traffic. Which meant I needed to get up at 5 a.m. (really 4 a.m.) in order to accomplish my goal. The girl dogs were not even ready to get up, so you know for sure I wasn't ready! I did manage to leave the house on time, and made it to my appointment early. I had not taken into consideration that this was the first day of Spring Break, so traffic was not quite as crazy.

Breakfast was with our US 35th District Representative Lloyd Dogged. We generally meet up with the Congressman twice or three times a year; usually a couple times in Austin and once in D.C. Always a nice meeting, always interested in what is going on in our District, and always open to hear challenges we are encountering. Fun to meet with him and our volunteers and staff Socar, Tami, Robert and Jeni.

Anice start to the week.

I asked the Congressman where I could get a brooch like his...but it doesn't look like I'll be getting one...

Oh, and the city is full of freaks. SXSW is in full swing.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BREAKFAST, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment