Tuesday, March 13, 2018

2018 - Day 72/293 - Tuesday...1775...

Overall, not a bad day. I checked a few items off my 'to done' list, and that is always a satisfaction. I also added a few items to my 'to done' list, but overall I think it was a net gain on the accomplishment side of the ledger.

My watering schedule is taking shape, and it is not as hectic as it was last year. Things are much more under control, and that is a good thing. It is amazing how flora react to water. It is also amazing that it took me until last year to figure that out. I guess I thought the landscaping would survive on the rains, but that is kind of an oxymoron here in central Texas. It is either drought or flood, there is really no in between.

The Mountain Laurel that was here when we bought the house (closing in on nine years) did better last year than it had ever done, and it is doing even better this year. Mountain Laurels remind me of the first summer I moved to Austin in 1985; every chance I had, I would stop and take a deep breath of the perfume. It smells just like grape bubble gum. It wasn't too long after that that I got my first taste of central Texas allergies as well. They go hand-in-hand; flora and allergies.

The allergies are not as bad as they used to be, and that is progress.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MOUNTAIN LAUREL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment