Saturday, October 20, 2018

2018 - Day 293/72 - Saturday...1624...

This water flowing over the low-water-crossing is not in the least bit impressive, considering all the flooding that is going on west of us. You cannot really tell it from this photo, but we did not drive across it, it was flowing pretty briskly and it was several inches deep, and we were not in any hurry, so we turned around and went back.

I will tally what is impressive: Today we got 14 eggs from the girls up front. I am not sure if that is a record or not, but I think it is a pretty decent take from a bunch of cold, wet chickens.

We went in to Georgetown this afternoon. I needed air in my tires (just because of the change in temperatures), and the Discount tire place has a computerized air system...no guesswork, so we stood in line for 20 minutes to get air in the car tires. When we left, there were seven cars behind us waiting. Then on to Walgreen's for our second round of the new shingles vaccine. We were several weeks late getting the second round because there is (we assume) a shortage. Anyway, they called me while I was in San Diego, so we went in today. Not the smoothest of all transactions, but we are done with this. I don't think we will need another vaccination for shingles EVER. Then off to Panera Bread for scones (they were out), so I got Jody a pumpkin muffin and a cranberry muffin, and then to Schlotzsky's for lunch.

A good time was had by all.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAINS (STILL), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment