Saturday, October 27, 2018

2018 - Day 300/65 - Saturday...1623...

At last count we had 24 chickens. We might have had 25 earlier, but I am at the age in which I tend to forget things if I don't make notes. I wrote 24 down on the calendar the other day, so I know for sure we had 24 recently. I have to tell you, the chickens appreciated the sunshine and balmy weather today, although the sunshine had a tendency to lessen the balminess (it was 86 degrees today) but it was lovely that there was warmth and sunshine. So far this month, we have fetched over 17 dozen eggs from the girls, so that is not too shabby. A few whites, lots of browns, some speckled, some chocolate and a couple blue/green. It is always interesting to see what will be brought in from the chicken coop.

Otherwise, I did a lot of nothing much today. I did clean the pool filter cartridge, and I am very proud of having accomplished that. About all that is on the list for tomorrow is to get the chicken coop cleaned out. Maybe I will go into the back pasture and look at the tanks. They are FULL, and that is a lovely sight to see.

A little bit more rain later this coming week, then a cold front on Wednesday will put the temperatures into the high 60s during the day. That's more like it!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICKENS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment