Sunday, December 9, 2018

2018 - Day 343/22 - Sunday...1668...

Okay, class. Keep your test packets closed and your pencils on the desk until you are instructed to begin. This is a timed essay test, only one question. You will have five minutes to complete the test, and when 'time' is called, you must put your pencils down and close your test packets. There will be no talking, and if anyone is observed trying to look at a neighbors answer, you will be sent to the Vice-Principals office.

This is the question: How many Band-Aids (or Band-Aid type products) are too many?

And...BEGIN!

I had given myself a good talking to weeks ago about cleaning out the cabinets below my sink in the bathroom, including the two drawers on each side. I did it today, and it was quite a feeling of accomplishment. I discovered that I had about 15 brand new tooth brushes (at an average of two cleanings a year times the ten years we have lived in this house, it means I use a new toothbrush every two years or so). A couple dozen razors of various makes, models and blades per razor, more shampoos and styling gels than you could possibly ever need, several bars of soap that are now conveniently stored where I can see them, a couple different nose and ear hair trimmers, a couple different (and dead) appliances used for 'man-scaping', dental floss out the king-yang, a couple different kinds of facial jams and jellies (none of them worked), one Susan B Anthony dollar coin, a couple keys that I have no idea about, and at least a thousand loose dental floss picks that are now all nestled in the resealable plastic bag from which they covered the bottom of one drawer. Four brand new bottles of nasal spray. Seven different kinds of Visine or eye drop products (four of them unopened. And prescription drugs. I have no idea what all those prescription drugs were for, but I could probably support a pharmacy if they were in a pinch.

But then there were the Band-Aids. Band-Aids of all different sizes, colors, strengths and brands. I really don't remember buying all those Band-Aids, but I am pretty sure I have not been discreetly picking them up from other peoples houses. Some people go out and buy cars when they are sleeping under the influence of Ambient. Maybe I am making trips at 2 a.m. to the Dollar General and buying Band-Aids. I think I need professional help.

TIME!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BAND-AIDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment