Sunday, December 23, 2018

2018 - Day 357/8 - Sunday...1689...

I participated in a little bit of retail therapy today, and I did not get any of my chores done around the house. There is always tomorrow, and if I don't get it done tomorrow, there is always the next day. And if not then, there is always the four day weekend coming up a few days after that. I spent a hour and twenty minutes at the car wash (it was really busy) and a few minutes at Costco (I will be going back again tomorrow) and then a little while doing some miscellaneous this-and-that. During one of the this-and-thats, I turned in to a parking lot off the MoPac service road and spied this Indian Blanket blooming. there was no dirt anywhere close to the guy, but there he was, blooming his ass off right there in a crack between the various concretes and asphalts and pedestrians. If that little Indian Blanket can make it, then I think the rest of us stand at least a half-a-chance. It all depends on us. SO, take from this photo what you will, but I am encouraged that, even in the harshest environments, we can all hope for the best, and if we try our best, we can all get our blooms on!

You're Welcome!

Time for some pondering, which is something I do every year just about this time. This journal entry is the 3,642nd entry to this journal. On December 31st I will finish ten years of journaling, which when I started was expected to be a one-year-gig. If you do the math (and include leap year extra days) I figure that I will be 2 entries short of penning an entry every single day for the last (almost) ten years. I can remember vividly the first day I missed an entry; I thought the world just might come to an end. The second missed entry (I can remember that one too) passed with not too much fanfare, but I still feel the need to complete the entries on a daily basis. If I pen an entry on January 1st, you will know that I am in for at least one more year.

We will know in nine days!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NEVER QUIT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment