Monday, December 24, 2018

2018 - Day 359/6 - Monday...1679...It's Christmas Eve...

Everywhere I went today (and believe me, I put some mileage on the car), people were standing in lines and looking like they didn't know whether to sh*t on the road or go blind. These loose cattle would have fit right in. If only they had opposable thumbs. I made stops at ten different places between 9:15 and 1:15, and I think I am a pretty accomplished person right about now. There was also a lot of horn honking too. The weird is, you can't really tell who the honkees are. The sounds I heard did not seem likely to have been produced by the usual suspects. Odd little honking sounds coming from large vehicles? Throaty deep registered honking sounds coming from Yugos? Irt just does not seem likely. And people were making up problems in the lines too. Of course, I was not at all content just to ignore them, I had to chime in and let them know how ridiculous their complaint was. One 'older' (that is like the pot calling the kettle puce) lady told me she could not stand to walk behind slow moving people. The lady behind her started laughing as I explained to her that was a 'first-world-made-up-problem'. I asked her if she wanted to go in front of me, but she declined. Another gentleman was offered the opportunity to take cuts, he too declined. Every place I went today and stood in line, I asked the person behind me if they would like to go in front of me. Not a single taker.

We are a nation of complainers.

If I am to go forward with this journal, I need a new ending line. Let me know your thoughts.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COMPLAINERS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment