Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 - Day 365/0 - Monday...1704...New Years' Eve...

As further testament that there is indeed climate change (or possibly just confused flora) here is another photo of another set of Iris in the back just blooming their (there, they're) little hearts out. Bless them, they are really pretty, and just a hint of what is to come. Sorry that we are expecting to have a couple overnight temperatures below freezing, but the Iris seem to take it all in their (there, they're) stride. We shall see.

So...this is the last day of 2018. I have been reflecting on the past year. Many of you know that I am obsessive-compulsive. I wish I knew what event in my childhood sparked that particular trait, but I am stuck with it, and you, by default are as well. I am a list keeper. A number keeper. That particular hickey started about ten years (maybe a little more) ago, when the cattle did something to rupture a water pipe back in one of the pastures and we went through (thru, threw) about 50,000 gallons of water before we figured it out. So, I started keeping lists and meter readings. Ans, as the years passed (past), I added more things to the list of things that needed to be kept track of.

Here are the results of my list keeping for 2018: We used an obscene amount of water this past year, about 119 thousand gallons. There is a lot of landscaping that needs to be watered, so don't hate me. Plus cattle. Shut the front door. On brighter note for conservationists in the crowd, we only used about 40 thousand kilowatt (kWh) hours of electricity. I checked with Mrs. Google, and she said that the average house in the United States uses over 10 thousand kWh or electricity per month. We also returned 1147 kWh of electricity back to the grid, so that is a good thing. We had 37.8" of rain for the year, and we got 2,369 eggs (197.4 dozen) from the girls. At about 50 cents per egg, we are about to go broke. AND, over the last twelve months, I have received 18,321 spam e-mails.

Good night, and I hope we all have a better New Year!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IRIS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment