Friday, December 14, 2018

2018 - Day 348/17 - Friday...1668...

The year is winding down, and today was the last Legislative Management Team meeting at ABoR for 2018. There was a recap of all the issues we dealt with throughout the year, and it was eye-opening. on this one group alone, it was figured that we each gave 300 volunteer hours to the process, and could claim success in most of our recommendations and endorsements. Not all, but most, and that is nothing to be ashamed of. My friend and colleague Holly is also on the LMT, and she gave me this pair of socks. You know I am sock-crazy, right? I cannot keep from buying socks, and soon I expect I will be able to go more than a year without having to repeat a sock pattern. I am actually a man of simple needs, socks just happen to be one of the simplest!

And today, I am celebrating the fact that today is Friday. I am not necessarily celebrating the fact that it is freakin' cold outside and there are gale force winds blowing in from the north-northwest. The winds started getting really strong yesterday afternoon, and they are scheduled to subside sometime tomorrow. The forecast for the next week is more seasonal temperatures; highs in the mid-60s and lows in the mid-40s. I will take it.

I am working on my list of chores for the weekend, and it is not terribly extensive. I am pretty confident that I can get most of it accomplished. I do need to take the car in and have it inspected so I can renew the car tags. I can't believe that I put it off this long. It will get taken care of though.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SOCKS, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment