Friday, June 4, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 155/210, 2021 - Friday

Today has had a couple ups-and-downs. It started with an early zoom call. After the call, I headed in to the office and had a few stops to make along the way. One stop was at the post office, where I wanted to purchase five rolls of first class stamps. I was surprised to find that they did not have five rolls of first class stamps. Logically, IMHO, I should be able to buy A LOT of stamps at the post office, and they should have a large vault with thousands of rolls of stamps. Apparently not. After much discussion and sharing of opinions, I was informed that they could fill my order on Tuesday. I suggested that perhaps if I went to Costco, I could get five rolls (or sheets, who cares) of stamps AT A DISCOUNT. Alas, that was a situation I would not find a resolution to. So, I was then off to the office, and I had another zoom shortly after I would get there. I decided to stop at McDonald's to take my lunch to the office. I was scheduled to be a pretty long zoom. I asked for a 'Filet o Fish combo meal' with a Diet Coke. The response was, 'you want a little fish?' No, I would like a Filet o Fish combo meal with a Diet Coke. The response: We are still serving breakfast, we don't serve Filet o Fish until 10:30. It was 10:26. I was, once again, defeated. The rest of the day was better, and that was nice. I only got rained on twice today, but we are expecting possible flooding over the weekend. Finally (this is where you applaud), I am in the market for a new head shot, and I am considering something like the caricature I am including with this post. It does, in fact, reflect how I have been feeling lately, too. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment