Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 160/205, 2021 - Wednesday

Today was a LONG day...three zoom meetings and one face-to-face meeting. It has been a long time since I have had that many zooms in one day. I am totally miserable right now, because, since I worked (zoomed) from home today, I spent some of the time grazing. Popcorn. Chips. Pimento cheese. Bagels. String cheese. Diet soda. After my last meeting, I took off for the farm, and took care of what needed to be taken care of, and then I stopped on the way home for an order of chicken fingers. Miserable! The recent rains were a blessing and a curse. The hybrid blurse. The wheat that was grown and helped along with the early rains is now wasting and rotting in the fields. The fields are too wet for the tractors to harvest, so the wheat is just wasting away. Too late for this crop. It was hot and humid today, and I doubt there will be any relief until October. Life in central Texas. Two zooms on the schedule for tomorrow (it is obviously zoom season), but then that will be it for the foreseeable future. Did I mention earlier that I have new neighbors at the Curious House? They started moving in last weekend, then it has been quiet for a few days, and there is now another truck unloading more boxes and stuff. They have not been terribly friendly so far, but maybe they are just too tired. Or maybe I am just the creepy old guy next door. Either one is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment