Monday, June 28, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 179/186, 2021 - Monday

Rain is good, usually. Overnight at the Curious House, we got ALMOST an inch of rain. Out at the farm, we got between four and five inches of rain. One of the stock tanks overflowed, and the dam failed...so that is a bit of a problem. There is still plenty of water in all the tanks (total of four on the acreage), but it is just one more thing to think about. But I think I will be done with most of this within the next few weeks. I still have one building to clear out, but I think I can get that done in a week or two. I worked from home today, and had lots of folks out here working on the Curious House. I had a whole house surge protector installed, just because some of the neighbors said they lost all their electronics during a recent storm. Yesterday, the power went out for a couple hours, and EVERY GFCI in the house tripped. I have no idea why that happened. I was still finding GFCIs that needed to be reset this morning, including one in the garage that has the beer fridge on it. I don't think anything spoiled. They also started installing the solar panels today, and they will be back tomorrow. The whole thing ought to be operational by the middle of July, and I will be glad for that. In the meantime...I will be back in the office tomorrow, and the rest of the week, and then I am looking forward to a long Holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment