Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 166/199, 2021 - Tuesday

I stayed at home today from the office, I had some work scheduled at the Curious House, and I expected them at 9 o'clock, but they did not show up until after 10. I expected it to be a four hour job, but it was a five hour job. I am really crazy about some stuff, and one of the things they did is slightly crooked, but I do not have to look at it on a regular basis, so I did not have a (real) hissy fit over it. It is still REALLY hot and humid here in central Texas, and as a property manager, the HVAC calls are just beginning. I have a real empathy for people with air conditioner issues, but we can only do so much. We are still in the process of recovering from the freezes in February. The power grid is asking consumers to conserve, and the sentiment heard all over the state is 'hell no'. It is too hot to have the air conditioning turned up to 78, and we all gotta eat, too. Speaking of eating, I had a frozen dinner tonight that included a 'best by' date of 19APR2017. It was not the worst thing I have ever eaten, and so far I am not suffering any ill effects. I let you know more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. But how did it taste? A little on the freezer-burnt side, I would think. 🤢

    ReplyDelete